Friday, April 11, 2008

Pop Rocks

So being the youngest I felt like the baby of the family. I tried to fix that feeling one day. It didn't turn out so well.

I was at the park with my sister, cause I can't go alone, and she wanted to leave. So on our way out of the park we stopped at the drinking fountain. It was a hot summer day, the ones where the humidity is over 100 and your sweat rolls.

My sister, Mantha, started a water fight. I really didn't get her back that well and then she rode off. Me wanting to change my feelings of being the baby, I went after her.

She was riding fast down a gravel back street and I was riding faster. When I caught up I remembered what I had learned earlier that week. The coolest thing a kid my age could know. How to rub bike tires successfully!

Although I was not so successful this time around. I took a spill off the bike onto the gravel road. Blood was soon all over my knee and leg. Mantha stopped and ran back to me. She was screaming at me to see if I was okay.

As I stood up, I looked down and I saw a bloody rock pop out of my knee! That's when the blood really started flowing. So the only thing we knew to do was go and get mom. Well I had to walk the four blocks home with my bloody leg.

At the house my mother fixed me up and then told my sister and me to go back and get the bikes. I protested but then caved. I walked the bike home because I was scared of falling off again.

I guess the only thing I learned is that when it comes to gravel and knees, they never mix well. The ground may be hard and rough but you still need to get up and walk the bike home or you will have to go back later for it.

1 comment:

Mrs. Lux said...

I LOVE this Pop Rocks piece - even your title is catching, and also fitting. It was a quick read, that kept the reader interested and had some good imagery and definitely voice! Awesome job!